Chester, NY Family Law Attorney Provides Trustworthy Counsel
Firm provides reliable representation for a range of domestic issues in Orange County
Family law is where legal issues hit close to home. Knowing that, Meth Law Offices, PC is dedicated to providing personalized attention for your most urgent concerns. If you need a Chester, New York family law attorney for a divorce, child custody dispute or a support matter, my firm offers highly skilled professional representation. For more than 20 years, I have built a solid reputation in Orange County based on my integrity, determination and positive results.
A full range family law firm in Orange County
My law firm strives to provide comprehensive family law services to Hudson Valley residents. I frequently handle issues relating to:
- Divorce — If you have decided to dissolve your marriage, I can help you through every step of the legal process. My firm provides trustworthy advice on initial filings and the best litigation strategy to achieve your goals. Whether you’re hoping for a simple, uncontested divorce or require a court for one or more issues, I am an experienced divorce lawyer in Chester, NY who can deliver the reliable representation you need during this difficult time.
- Child custody and visitation — During divorce, post-divorce or between unmarried parents, child custody issues can be contentious. I work to find creative solutions to parenting time challenges and am committed to upholding the rights of mothers and fathers.
- Distribution of property — When it comes to dividing your marital assets and debts during divorce, New York applies the principle of equitable distribution. My firm is equipped to manage high net-worth cases where significant assets are at stake. Whether you are concerned about bank accounts, stocks, retirement savings, real estate, a small business you own, or any other complex assets, you can have confidence that my meticulous approach will protect your property rights.
- Premarital agreements — Frequently, engaged individuals choose to protect their separate property with a premarital agreement. I am adept at negotiating and drafting agreements that hold up in court.
- Domestic violence — I take on issues stemming from domestic violence allegations by helping victims obtain restraining orders that meet their immediate and long-term needs. My firm also provides representation for persons accused of battery, threats or stalking.
- Spousal support — Dependent spouses often need temporary support during divorce proceedings, and may be eligible for alimony after a divorce is final. When warranted, I help our clients negotiate and litigate for fair orders of support based on the parties’ financial circumstances.
- Sale or possession of the marital home — Often the family home is the most significant asset a couple owns. There are many factors a court considers when deciding whether the home should be sold and the proceeds distributed, or whether one party should be allowed to occupy the home, even while the other is obligated to make payments. After reviewing the financial details, I search for a creative way to protect your financial security.
For these and other important family law matters, you can trust me to deliver knowledgeable advice and effective advocacy.
Contact an accomplished Chester, New York attorney for a free family law consultation
Meth Law Offices, PC assists with family law matters in Orange County and the surrounding areas. Please call 845-610-6596 or contact me online for a free initial consultation. My Chester office is conveniently located at 10 Moffatt Lane, just off Routes 6 and 94.