Skilled Chester Scaffolding and Ladder Accident Lawyers Pursue Maximum Compensation
Experienced attorneys advocate for New York construction accident victims
Falls from scaffolding and ladders are among the most common accidents on construction sites. They can result in catastrophic injuries that impact the rest of a victim’s life. Tragically, many of these construction site accidents are fatal, not only taking a life prematurely but also stripping a family of a loved one and provider. At Meth Law Offices, PC in Chester and Brooklyn, we represent victims and their families win damages for their losses, including recoveries under the New York Scaffold Law.
Astute New York ladder accident lawyers uncover the reasons for accidents
Our knowledgeable personal injury attorneys will investigate the potential cause of your scaffolding or ladder accident. Common causes include:
- Falls — The most common type of scaffolding and ladder accidents is falls, which often cause catastrophic or fatal injuries.
- Improper scaffolding installation — Workers may not be properly instructed on how to install scaffolding. This can cause the scaffolding to fail when weight is applied to it, leading to injuries to workers on or underneath the scaffolding.
- Failure to use safety ropes or harnesses — Project managers are responsible for providing workers with proper safety equipment, such as safety ropes and harnesses, and with training on how to use them. Failure to use the equipment properly can result in more serious accidents.
- Falling debris — Tools or construction debris falling from ladders or scaffolding can injure workers underneath.
- Defective design — Scaffolding or ladders that were not designed properly may have defects that cause them to collapse, causing injury to workers.
Our seasoned construction accident lawyers are knowledgeable about the legal issues that arise in the aftermath of falls from scaffolding or ladders. We can help determine the reason for your accident and who is legally responsible for it.
Compassionate legal team is knowledgeable about all scaffolding and ladder injuries
Our compassionate lawyers have worked with scaffolding and ladder accident injury victims who have sustained a variety of injuries. Falls often result in devastating back, neck, head and spinal cord injuries. Scaffolding accidents can also cause sprains and fractures when a worker tries to catch their fall or is impacted by falling scaffolding or ladders. Any worker who performs regular job duties from a ladder or who must climb to excessive heights is at risk for suffering fall injuries.
Accident lawyers well-versed in New York Scaffold Law
The Meth Law Offices are skilled in winning clients recoveries under a New York statute that holds property owners, general contractors and other third parties liable in specific circumstances for injuries sustained in scaffolding accidents. New York Labor Law Section 240, known as the Scaffold Law, places legal responsibility for scaffolding falls and other scaffolding accidents on a third party that failed to furnish proper safety equipment, such as scaffolding, ladders, ropes, harnesses, braces and hoists, to protect against falls. In some situations, the third party is also responsible for erecting a safety rail. .
If a third party was negligent in not providing proper safety equipment, ladders or scaffolding, it can be held liable for an injured person’s damages, such as:
- Medical bills
- Lost earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Other expenses
Our experienced personal injury attorneys can gather evidence to determine the full extent of your damages and negotiate for the best recovery from the insurance company.
Contact a Chester scaffolding accident lawyer to schedule a free consultation
If you were injured in a construction accident caused by a faulty ladder or scaffolding, Meth Law Offices, PC can help. We have assisted clients in New York in recovering compensation from negligent third parties for over two decades. We will work diligently to recover compensation in your case. Please call 845-610-6595 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation with an experienced scaffolding and ladder accident lawyer.